House hunting can be an intense process that involves the ones seeking to buy a home going from place to place looking a houses or going from website to website to see what’s available. If you are trying to sell your house, you want the most advantages possible. One of those advantages is to add a virtual tour to your “for sale” listing.
These virtual home tours bring you listing into the 21st century’s fast paced digital and online world. Here are some of their main benefits:
- Customers Can Interact- The viewer can explore the property to their heart’s content as if they are actually walking through each room. They can focus on exactly what they want to inspect, such as floors, lighting, etc. Most of these tours allow the viewers to do things like zoom in to a particular area of the rooms, or ask questions of the poster, etc. Plus for even more feedback, you can add things like a mortgage calculator so your potential buyer knows if they can afford the house.
- Holds Viewer’s Attention- Still shots may initially get the viewer’s attention, but a video keeps them engaged for a long time. They can explore each room and imagine what it would be like to live there, etc. They can think about how they would decorate each room, etc. as if they were the owner, which entices them to go see it in person. When you give a potential buyer a sense of ownership they will feel more empowered and connected to your property.
- Saves Your Time and Energy- If you don’t have time to stage a big open house to attract buyers, a virtual tour can be used to show off the property. Plus unlike an open house, a virtual tour is available 24/7 for potential buyers to view.
- Gets the Attention of Buyers Far Away- You don’t want to miss out on potential buyers who may be getting ready to transfer to a new job in the area your property is in! A virtual tour lets potential buyers see everything about your house even if they live hundreds or more miles away.
- Customer Can Ask Questions Easier- If someone takes a look at a virtual tour of a house, and has related questions, they can easily leave those on the site and you can answer them as they come in. It gives them instant feedback and you can do it from the comfort of your home or office.
- Virtual Tours are Versatile – It can be exhausting and time consuming to sell a house and doing it via a virtual tour allows you to do a lot more things with a lot less effort. For instance, you can list all kinds of things along with the tour like email, notifications for a real open house, show the inside of a home complete with furnishings without having to stage it yourself for real, etc.
- List in different languages – With current technology you can have the option of letting customer pick the language to hear the script that comes with your virtual tour. For instance, you could have an option between English or Spanish. When you put a tour on YouTube you can also even add the option for Closed Caption for deaf visitors.
- Integrate with social media sites– In some cases your agent can also make it so there are listings where your virtual tour can have buttons for potential buyers to click onto that would automatically connect them with, for instance, a way to Tweet a request to the agent selling the home, or to Facebook or other social media site where they can get more information on the listing via the pages belonging to the seller or agent.
All in all, there are many benefits of adding a virtual tour to your listing for homes for sale. And to be honest, in this day and age if you don’t have one, you are missing a big opportunity to reach certain targeted audiences since most people are online nearly 34/7 365 days a year! So be sure to create one of these versatile selling tools for your home sale listings as soon as possible.